Common Questions asked about our vacation properties
1.) What do I need to do to reserve a property?
- From our website, input your dates ad select a property. From there you can review our quote and reserve the property by clicking the "Book It Now" button. It will ask you for your credit card information to make the reservation deposit. The balance payment is due no later than 60 days prior to your arrival. If your reservation is for less than 60 days out, full payment will be required up front. You may also call and make your reservation by phone if you'd like. We're happy to accept credit card payments over the phone or you can mail us a check if you prefer. We accept Mastercard, VISA, and Discover cards.
- For the majority of our properties check in is anytime after 3:00 PM. For our larger homes check in is 4:00 PM
- Check Out is before 10:00 AM on all of our properties.
3.) What if I'd like to arrive earlier or stay later?
- We can't always accommodate an earlier arrival or a late check out but we'll try our best to work with you. An earlier check in or late check out must be agreed to beforehand in writing.
4.) Are linens and towel provided or do I need to bring my own?
- We provide bedspreads, blankets, and pillows. You can elect to purchase our linen package when making your reservation. Our linen package includes: bed sheets and pillow cases for each bed and sleeper sofa, and one towel set per person. Towel set includes: shower towel, hand towel, and washcloth. The beds will be made and the towels will be in the laundry bag provided in the kitchen.
5.) Are pets allowed?
- Our Dreamers Den, Little House on the Beach and 1 Cool Swimmin' Pool properties are dog friendly and allow up to two small to medium size well behaved dogs only with a non-refundable pet fee. Please reference the dog rules link on our Home page under Guest Services to see when they are allowed on the beach. Sorry, no cats allowed.
6.) How about parking?
- Each property has assigned parking spaces which can accommodate medium size cars. Some properties also have additional off site parking for larger vehicles and trailers. Note: during the busy summer season there is very little extra parking available.
7.) Is there a grocery store on the island?
- Yes, there is a Food Lion right on the island as you cross over the intercoastal bridge. There is also a Walgreens and a CVS as well as some great seafood restaurants (of course).
8.) Does a washer and dryer come with the unit?
- Yes, each unit comes with a washer and dryer so you won't have to go to the laundrymat! We also include a supply of laundry detergent and dryer sheets.
9.) Do I need to bring my own household and kitchen supplies?
- Each property comes with a good supply of household products to get you started; toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, sponges, trash bags, various cleaning supplies, and laundry detergent. If you need more during your stay there is a Food Lion right on the island.
10.) Do I need to bring my own beach gear?
- Some of our properties come with beach chairs, boogie boards, and a beach umbrella. Please refer to the property information page to verify. If you'd like to rent beach chairs, a beach umbrella, highchair, large beach towels, etc. please let us know and we will be happy to help make the arrangements.
11.) Is smoking allowed?
- There is no smoking in any of our properties. Please do not smoke in the unit, on the decks/balcony, or in the stairwell. You may smoke away from the building, please dispose of your cigarette butts in the trash receptacles provided.
12.) What about a hurricane? Can I get my money back?
- If the State orders a mandatory evacuation of the island you will be required to comply with the order and vacate the island. When making your reservation you will be offered Travel Insurance. If you decide to purchase it you will be refunded through CSA Travel for the prorated amount for any nights you were unable to occupy the property. If you decide not to purchase Travel Insurance you will not be entitled to a refund.
- If after making your initial reservation deposit you need to cancel, please let us know asap. If canceled >60 days from arrival please reference the terms as per how your reservation was initial made: A1 Property Management website, VRBO/Homeaway, Airbnb, etc. We will always try our best to accommodate you by re-renting your week or moving your dates out whenever possible. If you purchased Travel Insurance you can file a claim with CSA for your lost payment.
14.) What do we do if we notice anything broken or damaged during our visit?
- Please call us asap at (910)-409-6687 if you notice anything broken, if something isn't working, or if you see standing water (let's hope not!)
A1 Property Management